Saturday, December 15, 2007

4. Collecting Your Sight-reading Material

If I'm going to sight-read all new pieces, and I'm going to do it two hours per day I'm going to need literally hundreds of easy piano pieces! Here are just some of the books I've collected:


Here's where I got them:

  • Online: Google free easy piano music and you'll find a number of sites with printable music. Unfortunately, you'll need to download and print each piece individually.

  • The Library: Yay!! This is the best resource. I've found lots of music at all levels.

  • Hymnals: A must have for sight-reading practice. Through PaperBackSwap.com, I got a Christian Science hymnal and a Presbyterian hymnal. The first was printed in 1938 but is in great shape (they don't make books like they used to).

No comments: